Summer Institute for International Counselors
College Board is pleased to announce this year’s virtual Summer Institute, which will take place online from June 21 to 23, 7:00–10:00 a.m. ET. This interactive workshop will offer practical training and guidance on key topics in college counseling and university admissions, drawing upon the 40+ years’ success of College Board Summer Institutes for International Counselors. Faculty include distinguished U.S. and international higher education leaders and seasoned counselors. In 2022, the institute will offer two concurrent program strands to meet the varying needs of counselors: New Counselors and Experienced Counselors.
Register by Tuesday, June 14, 2022—space is limited.
- Live discussions featuring university admissions and enrollment leaders on current trends and a preview of the 2022-23 admissions and/or recruitment cycle
- Interactive workshops with seasoned counselors and admissions leaders on the components of university applications: Application, School Profile, Transcripts, Testing, College Essays, Recommendations, and much more
- Best practices from seasoned counselors on how to guide students through the college search process, setting a counseling timeline and curriculum, navigating tricky ethical scenarios in college admissions and counseling, and much more
- Mock admissions exercises to gain insight into university decision-making
- Networking with peers from international schools and admissions officers
- Two concurrent program strands to meet the varying needs of counselors: New Counselor and Experienced Counselor
- Future of Admissions Testing with Q+A with Priscilla Rodriguez, Senior Vice President, College Readiness Assessments (PSAT and SAT) at the College Board
Institute faculty include distinguished U.S. and international higher education leaders and seasoned counselors.
Experienced Counselors Strand
- Sheri Neal, University Counselor, The American School in Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- Jeffrey Neill, Director of College Counseling, Graded – The American School in Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
New Counselors Strand
- Wendy Chang, Director of College Counseling, The Bishop’s School, La Jolla, CA
- Chemeli Kipkorir, College Counselor, Shanghai American School, Shanghai, China
Higher Ed Faculty
The following faculty will present sessions in both the New Counselor and Experienced Counselor strands:
- Shawn Abbott, Vice Provost for Admissions, Financial Aid & Enrollment Management, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Adele Brumfield, Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Ellen Chow, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Shawn Felton, Executive Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Bobbe Fernando, Senior Director of Global Admissions, New York University, New York, NY
- Doug Hartog, Director of Admission, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Diane McKoy, Senior Associate Director of Admissions, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Liz O’Connell, Senior Associate Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
More higher ed faculty forthcoming.