These computer-based courses generally last about 30-60 minutes and give you easy-to-understand instructions for performing tasks that are essential to helping students stay on track for college success.
- Establish a College Board professional account
- Administering and understanding the SAT Suite of Assessments
- SAT Foundations E-Module
- Requesting and providing test accommodations
- Using the K–12 score reporting portal
- Supporting students by using Official SAT Practice Coach Tools on Khan Academy®
- Success Steps: Strategies for Using SAT Suite Data
- College Board Opportunity Scholarships - 7 Courses
Counselors and educators of all experience levels can use the emodules to make it easier for students to get the most out of College Board tools and services.
- All counselors can enhance or add to their skills while earning continuing education units (CEUs).
- Counselor supervisors can establish ongoing collaborative networks of other counselors.
- Counselor educators can supplement, develop targeted curriculum that enhances their work in the classroom.
- Preservice counselors can get the most up-to-date information to add to their college counseling training.
Establish a Professional Account
Description: Learn to navigate the Education Professionals section of the College Board website and create a professional account.
30 minutes; 0.1 CEU
- Introduce the Education Professionals area of the College Board website.
- Show how to create a College Board professional account.
Introduction to the SAT
Description: Learn about the SAT Suite of assessment and get details about test sections, scoring scales, and benchmarks.
CEUs: 50 minutes; 0.1 CEU
- Discuss why taking the SAT is an important step for any student.
- Describe the essential skills tested on the SAT.
- Become familiar with SAT scoring.
- Distinguish the benefits of SAT School Day and Weekend administration of the SAT.
- Get started with SAT test preparation and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy.
SAT Foundations E-Module - 5 Courses Included
Description: Millions of students take the SAT each year as a step on their path to college. To help you in support your work, we’ve designed a series of five (5) introductory self-paced courses to make it easy for you to explore the fundamentals of the SAT with your students and their families.
Understanding College Board Accommodations
Description: Get an overview of how to select and request appropriate test accommodations for students and review documentation guidelines.
CEUs: 35 minutes; 0.1 CEU
- Understand the accommodations request process
- Learn about recent changes to the SSD review process
- Review common accommodations, including when they are appropriate for College Board tests
- Learn what documentation is most helpful when accommodation requests are reviewed by the College Board
Using the K–12 Score Reporting Portal
Description: Learn how to access, use, and benefit from the K–12 score reporting portal.
90 minutes; 0.2 CEU
- Explain the levels of access to student scores.
- Show how to request access to the portal.
- Introduce the reports and functions in the K–12 score reporting portal, including how to track student progress and analyze test results.
- Describe the responsibilities of the access manager.
- Show how to add the K–12 score reporting portal to your professional account.
Official SAT Practice: Using Coach Tools
Description: Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy is personalized, world-class, and free. Join us to learn how your students can build their own practice program to get on and stay on track for college success.
CEUs: 60 minutes; 0.1 CEU
- Discover the value of using Official SAT Practice in the Classroom.
- Build a basic understanding of how to set up and use Official SAT Practice.
- Identify the data that is available to support students through the Coach Tools and how to access that data.
- Review best practices for integrating Official SAT Practice in the Classroom.
- Gain some troubleshooting tips along the way.
Success Steps: Strategies for Using SAT Suite Data
Description: The purpose of this course is to provide educators with guidance and examples for using the SAT Suite data to inform your curricular and instructional decisions.
40 minutes 0.1 CEU
- Relate which SAT Suite reports can assist in supporting students, monitor curriculum, and tracking progress.
- Consider examples from educators who analyzed and used SAT Suite data in their schools and classrooms.
- Use Skills Insight to develop strategies for students.
- Employ data analysis protocols to identify student strengths and classroom opportunities.
- Incorporate ideas from a professional learning workshop to start your own SAT Suite data analysis sessions.
College Board Opportunity Scholarships - 7 Courses Included
Description: These series of courses provides tips and helpful resources to advise your students through the college planning process and connect your students to over $5 million in scholarship opportunities.